Alright, I am going to try this again. I need to be documenting my thoughts, reactions and lessons learned during this time of being new to the Army and while Martin has company command. Apparently it is one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs he will have in his career. As we speak he is in the middle of a cactus infested field doing a night time land navigation. He thinks he will sleep in his office (I saw him pack the sleeping bag this morning) but am secretly hoping to hear him crawl into bed next to me around 2 AM. Meanwhile, I am at home. I walked the puppies. I ate Chex Mix for dinner…with a beer.

The content of this blog will be told as honestly as I can do (or feel publicly comfortable with). Many blogs I read (a lot) leave me feeling that these people lead perfect, wonderful, glossy lives but I know that this can not be true. Here, I would like to express my joys being an Army wife AS WELL AS my struggles. Martin and I married, jp style, on 10 May 2010. Nine days later would have been the three year mark of our serendipitous meeting in Italy. He is an amazing man whom I admire and could spend every waking minute with and never grow tired of! Crazy!

I am 24 years old. I have a husband who is 27 years old. I have a wonderful little house that is 35 years old. My puppies are 2 and a half. I have a peanut pool that we can never get really clean. I work for an interior decorating firm but we do so much more than just decorate! Although I adore my job, there is the compulsive need to let people know that I have my degree in architecture. The goal is to be an architect. One day. Even if I am 75 and I have to work at eighteen different firms in twenty different states to get my IDP hours!!