Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Family

1:09 - This couple amazes me, humbles me, encourages me and inspires me.  This week Extreme Home Makeover is building them a honeymoon suite in Salado, Texas about 30 minutes away from the Killeen area.  Patrick was shot numerous times here at the Fort Hood shooting on the 4th of November 2009.  The last year has been spent recovering and relearning daily tasks.  His wife-to-be put her education on hold to help him and be with him, now that is love. You can read more about their struggle and growth together on their blog here.  I feel guilty for complaining about how little time Martin has spent at home these past few weeks, or even daring to think that I am not cut out to be a "good" Army wife.  What struggles have I really had when compared to Patrick and Jessica's?  She has to be one of the bravest women ever.

My words are not eloquent but hearing their story and reading their blog has caused a whirl wind of emotions in me.

Find more:
http://heartoftexasbuild.com/the-family.aspx
http://patrickjessica.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment