Saturday, November 27, 2010

To Sew

14:49 - Today at Hancock Fabric's the patterns were on sale...yippee!!  Vogue patterns are usually between 15 and 25 dollars but were on sale for $3.99.  I bought these two patterns seen below:



I purchased this multi-colored wool fabric (in white, taupe and gray) to sew the jacket and figured I would buy fabric for the dress later. 

 



Both are a little unusual in style but think they look like clothes you'd find at Zara, which I love.  Besides, I have been wanting a nice winter coat and with the pattern and the fabric on sale the coat seen above will cost me 30 dollars instead of close to 100 dollars (what I would imagine it would retail for).  Sewing clothes is something I have always wanted to be able to do and have told Martin if he ever gets stationed overseas again that is what I would devote my free time to.  But heck, why do later what I can do now!?

No comments:

Post a Comment