Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick Draw

9:48 - I am almost embarrassed to put this quick little sketch up here because it is so rough. But I have this apartment planned out in my mind that I'd like Martin and I to live in "when he gets stationed in Vicenza, Italy again." It seems that each month I have a new imaginary apartment that I fall asleep planning in my head. The previous two were garden apartments in Savannah, Georgia. I dream about them, move our furniture into them, throw thread bare rugs I don't own yet onto their floors, even shop mental flea markets finding treasures for them! As time passes I am not always going to remember these places I design so I am working harder to record them, even if they are extremely rudimentary like the one below. While I work my very rusty sketching hand I remind myself that "practice makes perfect!"





No comments:

Post a Comment